Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 28, 2008

Long Time No Post

Has it really been a month since we last posted anything? Spare time comes sparingly these days. Nancy and I are settling in as parents and have now spent more time at home with Brooklynn without company than with. Don't get me wrong, we've loved the help and visits we received, and always look forward to anyone who wants to visit us and our precious daughter, but it's definitely a different experience (and much more real) when it's just the three of us.

Since I last posted, Brooklynn was about to turn 1 month old. Here's a picture of her on April 1st (No fooling! )


She's alert much more often now and her motor skills are beginning to develop. Not only has she started cooing quite a bit, but her grasp has significantly improved!


It won't be long before I'll be fighting someone else for the remote.



In the middle of April, my mom came for another visit and brought my Granny down with her. While they were here, they made a bonnet for Brooklynn out of a handkerchief that was my great-grandmother's. A poem goes with it that we'll put in her baby book. Then, if Brooklynn gets married, she'll have "something old" on her wedding day.

Four generations


Brooklynn with her parents and her great Granny Helen.

Brooklynn has been laughing a lot more and so I thought I'd conclude today's post with a couple examples. With smiles and laughter like these, it's easy to forget everything else that's going on.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had almost lost hope of an update...HA! I completely understand the time constraints. She is so precious! She has changed a lot since i last saw her. She is definitely wide-eyed and a lot more alert in the new pictures. Such a cutie!