Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hey, this isn't my cowboy hat...

I wanted to write and celebrate. Brooklynn has learned to use the potty!

These are some pictures we took when we opened the new chair. Coco thought it looked like a hat.


I know she is only six months and we don't expect her to use the potty every time or at night, but it is sure exciting when she does. I do love using cloth diapers with her and I wouldn't change, but the laundry is enough to drive me crazy. I think to myself as I fill the washer "..didn't I just wash these yesterday?!?" So for her to use the potty chair and only use two diapers the whole day is something to celebrate.

Christopher's mom (yay momma) got us a book with our first pregnancy that had child training tips, one being about potty training from birth. The author learned it while on a mission trip. She taught it to her youngest. Intrigued, I searched the Internet and found out more. Others have done this successfully and I thought it was worth trying.

Well, I didn't follow the points exactly, but I did what I could and it is working! Brooklynn used her potty chair 3 times on Tuesday and three times on Wednesday!! Yay Brooklynn.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

That does look like a cowboy hat! haha Congratualtions! I have read about "diaper free baby". It seems very interesting. Of course, I'm way too lazy to do it right now. I would probably be much more inclined to try if I had to wash diapers. I know you are very excited. Congrats!!!

Mother said...

Way to go Brooklynn!

Unknown said...

Good Job Brooklynn and more power to you all. It would be nice to be able to have the free time to focus on something like that. Unforunately, cooking, cleaning, working and, of course, BLOGGING, have me swamped. HAHA! I have plenty of laundry to do anyway, so I'll just stick to washing diapers!