Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

4th trimester

Yes, I know, the word "trimester" is defined as only having three parts, but the first 12 weeks after birth is quite significant as Brooklynn, Nancy and I adjust to our new lives. It's with this in mind that I thought I would mark these first 12 weeks as the 4th part of a journey Nancy and I started a year ago.

After two miscarriages and difficulty getting pregnant a third time, there were moments when my faith was definitely challenged to believe I would be holding my child in my arms. And now, it takes an effort to recall a time in our lives when Brooklynn wasn't a part of it and we weren't totally focused on her. And that's only after 12 weeks of her being here!

Our friends and family have been such an encouragement and blessing to our lives. It's you who genuinely love us, pray for us, and read our blog! So, thank you for supporting us through all 4 trimesters!

Here are some photos of Brooklynn after a recent bath with her Pooh robe on. Precious!




And here's a short video of Brooklynn talking and almost touching her feet!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

It gets better and better!

disclaimer: I can only speak to the next 4 years; past that is uncharted waters!

Thanks for sharing Brooklynn, and your journey with all of us!

Unknown said...

She is just so cute. There are days that I wonder what it would be like not to rush around getting stuff done while he naps... but to miss seeing that smile when you walk in the room? Ah, it is worth all the hustle and bustle. Be careful though, that thought brings the desire for another one! HAHA!