Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Elderberry Necklace


Here's a shot of Brooklynn wearing her first necklace made from the branches of elderberry bushes. Brooklynn's great uncle Carl makes them for the family. The necklace reduces the effect of drooling and teething pain as long as it touches the skin until finally it dries out and you have to get another one. Brooklynn has been drooling a lot for the past month or so and biting on her hands and fingers. We're not sure if she'll be an early teether or not, but this should at least help with the drooling and rash she gets as a result on her neck.

For the record, I got my first tooth when I was a little more than 5 months old and Nancy got hers when she was about 10 months old, so Brooklynn could be on either end of the spectrum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She's lookin' snazzy! :) Hope it helps!

Idi Thomas said...

I really want an elderberry necklace for my baby.
Do you know how i can go about getting one?