Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy 1st Father's Day

How great it is to be a Dad!

This morning, after I returned to my bedroom from being outside, I was surprised to find a gift bag on my side of the bed. Inside the bag was a onesie for Brooklynn that had an Indianapolis Colts helmet on it that said "I'm a Colts Fan Just Like My Daddy". We had a long day today, so we didn't get a chance to take a picture of her wearing it, but preseason starts 7 weeks from today and I guarantee she'll be wearing it plenty this season! Nancy actually made the iron-on and Brooklynn oversaw the construction and gave the final approval.

Along with it was a card from Brooklynn. Inside the card Nancy "translated" for Brooklynn and wrote the following:

"I am so happy you're my Daddy. I love the way you play with me and give me kisses. I can't wait to tell you, but for now I'll just keep smiling to let you know how much I love you. --Brooklynn"

Her smiles the rest of the day have told me the same thing



"Look how tall I am!"


"Hey! Why is everybody upside down?"


After church, we went out for lunch and ate at Houston's. The prime rib I had was delicious. Once we got home, Nancy took a nap and Brooklynn and I played for a little while. She's really enjoyed looking at herself in the mirror and she can really hold herself up well now too!

Thank you Brooklynn for a wonderful day. I'm so proud to be your Daddy and I'm looking forward to all the Father's Days to come and every day in between. I love you!

"Bye Bye"


"I said we're through taking pictures!"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Happy Father's Day! I know this was a long awaited day for you. I'm glad you get to experience it with all the joy that Brooklynn gives you. Love you!