Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 21, 2008

Pizza! Pizza!

Brooklynn and I had an early morning on Friday. We got up at 9:30 so we could meet Christopher for lunch. I fed Brooklynn, changed a diaper, picked out an outfit, put Brooklynn down to play and attempted to get ready. Needless to say, with an infant, it's not that easy.

I put Brooklynn in her bouncy seat and brought her into the bathroom so she wouldn't fuss, but that only lasted about 5 minutes before she wanted to be picked up. I abandoned the flat iron and tried to put on some makeup while holding her. I told Brooklynn to remember this someday when she's trying to get ready for her first date...

I went ahead and got us dressed, packed the diaper bag and headed out. Brooklynn fell asleep in the car. She always does so well in her car seat. I've been craving pizza since Brooklynn was born and had been avoiding it because of some potential adverse affects the cheese and tomato sauce could have while nursing her. But it was soon the weekend, and so Christopher and I decided to chance the cheese at least, and so we were meeting at Christopher's normal Friday lunch hotspot, Double Dave's, where they have an all you can eat buffet of pizza and salad. I ordered a special pizza with spinach and cheese and no sauce. It satisfied my craving for now, but I'm still looking forward to the real thing with sauce!

Now, almost 12 hours later, Brooklynn still seems okay and hasn't shown any colic tendencies. Slowly but surely maybe I'll be able to add more items back to my menu! In the meantime, I'm sure Christopher will be happy for us to visit him for lunch as often as we can.


3 comments:

Kim P. said...

I take Ryan to meet Joe for lunch once a week. It's alot of effort to get there, but they really enjoy it and it's a nice treat for me to get to enjoy a whole meal at one time! I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy some pizza =)

Unknown said...

Tried and true solution/suggestion to getting ready with an infant... Even to this day (Rylen almost 9 months) I will get my clothes on and then put Rylen in the sling/pack to fix my hair and put on makeup, etc. It makes all the difference in the world. He is content and now even likes to watch me do everything. Hopefully that will help him to appreciate all that us women have to do to "look good".

I'm glad you were able to get out and about. It isn't easy to do and it will never be as easy as it used to be. But the perks are well worth it.

JoeSlice said...

As a dad, it's great to get to see the kiddo during lunch once in a while, and I'm sure Brooklynn likes it too.

Hmm, pizza sounds good....